One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounusually wire cutters
A tool for cutting wire.
- ‘Matt pulled the wire-cutters back, and reached for the green wire, instead.’
- ‘She borrowed wire-cutters from a neighbour and worked for nearly an hour to snip through the bindings, while calming the terrified animal.’
- ‘Finally, the manager and a policeman cut through the chain with wire-cutters.’
- ‘The fact they've used wire-cutters to get in and left a hammer behind suggests it's pre-planned but it is probably children.’
- ‘Officers found a screwdriver and wire-cutters in his backpack.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.