One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of a dog breed) having stiff or wiry hair.‘a wire-haired terrier’
- ‘The Cairn Terrier, for instance is wire-haired.’
- ‘He is a German wire-haired pointer so he is ideal for mountain rescue, he has bags of enthusiasm and energy.’
- ‘She is a great dog lover and has a wire-haired dachshund who is the love of her life.’
- ‘This woman bought a dog in Mexico, and they told her it was a Chihuahua, but when she brought it home, she discovered that in reality it was a wire-haired fox terrier!’
- ‘My parents' dog is a wire-haired fox terrier about eight years old.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.