One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of a dog breed) having stiff or wiry hair.‘a wire-haired terrier’
- ‘This woman bought a dog in Mexico, and they told her it was a Chihuahua, but when she brought it home, she discovered that in reality it was a wire-haired fox terrier!’
- ‘My parents' dog is a wire-haired fox terrier about eight years old.’
- ‘The Cairn Terrier, for instance is wire-haired.’
- ‘She is a great dog lover and has a wire-haired dachshund who is the love of her life.’
- ‘He is a German wire-haired pointer so he is ideal for mountain rescue, he has bags of enthusiasm and energy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.