(of a missile) directed by means of electrical signals transmitted along fine connecting wires that uncoil during the missile's flight.
- ‘In addition to ‘smart ‘bombs, the term is applied to a wide variety of weapons, from air-to-air and air-to-ground missiles to wire-guided torpedoes.’
- ‘These fights typically do not support the use of wire-guided missiles due to limited time and distance.’
- ‘Eagle has extensive experience in providing range and training land support, including operating live-fire ranges for both 25 mm and tube-launched, optically tracked, wire-guided missile engagement tables.’
- ‘Milan is a wire-guided anti-tank missile system which can be mounted on a vehicle.’
- ‘The wire-guided missile is invulnerable to electronic countermeasures and has a very small percentage of malfunctions.’