One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A meat-based pet food and a bowl of fresh water should be sufficient to tide your resident hedgehog over after its long winter sleep.’
- ‘Life bustles around you, birds fight, build and procreate & flowers burst from their winter sleep and come alive with the most radiant shades of yellow, pink and purple.’
- ‘The slightest gust sends showers of leaves pirouetting to the ground, victims of trees withdrawing their sap in preparation for winter sleep.’
- ‘Fields of wheat reviving after a long winter sleep blew lightly in a chilled breeze of early spring.’
- ‘This process begins the new growing season and signals the end of dormancy, their period of winter sleep.’
winter sleep/ˈwin(t)ər slēp/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.