A yellow-flowered Chinese jasmine that blooms during the winter.
- ‘Not many flowers are in bloom in our February garden, although I have seen winter jasmine flowering down the street, so the annual display of snowdrops is very welcome.’
- ‘It flowers at much the same time as the winter jasmine, brought back from western China in 1844 by the Scot Robert Fortune.’
- ‘I was out in the garden cutting a bouquet of beautiful yellow winter jasmine this week and began thinking about all the attractive, unique garden plants that come from China.’
- ‘Catch up on the pruning and in particular the cutting back of spring-flowering shrubs such as Kerria japonica and winter jasmine.’
- ‘During my years in London, my own preparations for Christmas began as early as February, when the winter jasmine had finished flowering and the old wood had to be thinned out.’