One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bitter-tasting cress of north temperate regions.
- ‘Like other members of the mustard family, common winter cress has served as a source of greens.’
- ‘The bitterness of some greens such as winter cress and dandelion can be offset by cooking them with milder plants.’
- ‘With its strong mustard flavor, winter cress is best enjoyed as a pungent addition to green salads or steamed and sautéed with other less intense vegetable flavors.’
- ‘The American winter cress is distributed throughout the mainland.’
- ‘Here he presents six recipes for winter cress, including Winter Cress Kimchi and Winter Cress Potato Soup.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.