One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bitter-tasting cress of north temperate regions.
Genus Barbarea, family Brassicaceae: several species, in particular B. vulgaris
- ‘With its strong mustard flavor, winter cress is best enjoyed as a pungent addition to green salads or steamed and sautéed with other less intense vegetable flavors.’
- ‘The bitterness of some greens such as winter cress and dandelion can be offset by cooking them with milder plants.’
- ‘Like other members of the mustard family, common winter cress has served as a source of greens.’
- ‘Here he presents six recipes for winter cress, including Winter Cress Kimchi and Winter Cress Potato Soup.’
- ‘The American winter cress is distributed throughout the mainland.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.