One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small circular area or enclosure at a racetrack where the winning horse and jockey are brought to receive their awards and have photographs taken.
- ‘As far as our plans for the rest of this season, we are obviously looking to visit a few more winner's circles.’
- ‘An amazing finish to ‘The Amazing Race’ as they globe-trotted into the winner's circle.’
- ‘Gunther met Angel and her jockey, Sam, in the winner's circle.’
- ‘His smooth approach, coupled with his altered follow-through, brought him to the winner's circle in 1997.’
- ‘It felt wonderful to see the rider and the horse trot into the winner's circle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.