One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A one-piece garment that enables a person to glide through the air when in free fall, having sections of fabric between the arms and legs that inflate when the wearer jumps from an aircraft or a high place.‘he jumped out of a helicopter wearing nothing but a wingsuit and landed safely’as modifier ‘daredevil wingsuit flyers’
- ‘Now, this sport is officially called Wingsuit proximity flying.’
- ‘Therefore flying with a SKYRAY is totally different than Wingsuit flying.’
- ‘The wingsuit can triple the length of a normal skydiving freefall from 60 seconds to over three minutes.’
- ‘And though he said he will not give up wingsuit diving, Donohue said the accident made him briefly reconsider his future in the sport.’
- ‘One hundred wingsuit skydivers fall to earth in a diamond formation during a world record attempt above Perris Valley in Southern California.’
- ‘It takes 200 skydives before you can even try flying a wingsuit, but the record-breaking international team each had at least double that number.’
- ‘Some experienced foreign jumpers displayed hand-in-hand group jumping, wingsuit jumping and somersaults during free fall; all the risky stunts thrilled the audience.’
- ‘Swiss adventurer Yves Rossy completes two aerial loops using just his custom-made jet-propelled wingsuit.’
- ‘Then he fired up the jets on his new, smaller and sleeker wingsuit to perform the loopings before landing safely with a parachute.’
- ‘Later that afternoon, Harrington jumped again to celebrate the new record with four other wingsuit fliers.’
- ‘Base jumping involves the sequenced use of a wingsuit and parachute to jump from fixed objects.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.