Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A producer of wine; a winegrower.
- ‘The problem with Pinot Noir is that it teases winemakers with greatness.’
- ‘In Piedmont, white Arneis is a bit of an afterthought for red winemakers focused on Nebbiolo, but this is a concentrated wine of rare complexity.’
- ‘I've even been asked by winemakers and importers to write my wine list according to region instead of grape variety.’
- ‘Everything that a winemaker does in producing his wine affects the taste of the wine in one way or another.’
- ‘Fortunately, the traditionalists that have survived are some of the best winemakers in Barolo.’
- ‘What's causing international winemakers to seek alternate closures for their wines?’
- ‘New oak will give more flavour to the wine than an aged barrel and winemakers have the option of aging part of a vintage in new oak for a certain period and then in aged oak.’
- ‘A talented winemaker whose drinking wine of the moment is Shiraz, Debbie has a clear idea about the wine that she likes to produce and the wine she likes to drink.’
- ‘If consumers accept them at retail, these winemakers may be emboldened to put higher priced wines under the same seal.’
- ‘Visitors to the area mean support for the local farmers and winemakers.’
- ‘As a rule, hot summers and early harvests produce great wines, winemakers say.’
- ‘He bought scores of wine books, consulted winemakers, and with textbook in hand attempted to turn the Bauduc plonk into a memorable wine.’
- ‘Telmo Rodriguez is one of the most exciting winemakers in Spain, producing some spectacular wines in a variety of regions.’
- ‘Now you can rent a row of vines in an Appellation Contrôlée vineyard in France, where a winemaker will produce up to four cases of top-quality wine from them.’
- ‘Even when the grapes are crushed, it takes a skilled winemaker to turn it into a successful wine.’
- ‘The grapes came from Granite Hill Vineyard, and the winemaker is Tony Coturri, who makes his own wines in California.’
- ‘Each winemaker sees this wine as a personal statement and each blend is a unique melange of the varieties in the vineyards.’
- ‘Wine director Brian Duncan also brings in winemakers to come to the restaurant and move around as people dine.’
- ‘Rural artisan winemakers are battling industrialist producers in a bid to preserve the magical results of husbandry and handcraft.’
- ‘Greek winemakers are making a determined effort with their native white wine grapes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.