One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A producer of wine; a winegrower.
- ‘Now you can rent a row of vines in an Appellation Contrôlée vineyard in France, where a winemaker will produce up to four cases of top-quality wine from them.’
- ‘Rural artisan winemakers are battling industrialist producers in a bid to preserve the magical results of husbandry and handcraft.’
- ‘A talented winemaker whose drinking wine of the moment is Shiraz, Debbie has a clear idea about the wine that she likes to produce and the wine she likes to drink.’
- ‘I've even been asked by winemakers and importers to write my wine list according to region instead of grape variety.’
- ‘Everything that a winemaker does in producing his wine affects the taste of the wine in one way or another.’
- ‘Telmo Rodriguez is one of the most exciting winemakers in Spain, producing some spectacular wines in a variety of regions.’
- ‘Even when the grapes are crushed, it takes a skilled winemaker to turn it into a successful wine.’
- ‘If consumers accept them at retail, these winemakers may be emboldened to put higher priced wines under the same seal.’
- ‘As a rule, hot summers and early harvests produce great wines, winemakers say.’
- ‘What's causing international winemakers to seek alternate closures for their wines?’
- ‘Greek winemakers are making a determined effort with their native white wine grapes.’
- ‘The grapes came from Granite Hill Vineyard, and the winemaker is Tony Coturri, who makes his own wines in California.’
- ‘He bought scores of wine books, consulted winemakers, and with textbook in hand attempted to turn the Bauduc plonk into a memorable wine.’
- ‘The problem with Pinot Noir is that it teases winemakers with greatness.’
- ‘New oak will give more flavour to the wine than an aged barrel and winemakers have the option of aging part of a vintage in new oak for a certain period and then in aged oak.’
- ‘Fortunately, the traditionalists that have survived are some of the best winemakers in Barolo.’
- ‘Each winemaker sees this wine as a personal statement and each blend is a unique melange of the varieties in the vineyards.’
- ‘In Piedmont, white Arneis is a bit of an afterthought for red winemakers focused on Nebbiolo, but this is a concentrated wine of rare complexity.’
- ‘Visitors to the area mean support for the local farmers and winemakers.’
- ‘Wine director Brian Duncan also brings in winemakers to come to the restaurant and move around as people dine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.