One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See wine glass
- ‘A wineglassful taken each morning before breakfast is the full dose, but at first it may be desirable to give only half this quantity.’
- ‘While whipping add three wineglassfuls of Marsala and one liqueur glass of Maraschino brandy.’
- ‘Strain and drink a small wineglassful whenever needed.’
- ‘Put the bass into a fish-kettle with an onion, salt and pepper to season, a small bunch of parsley, a tablespoonful of butter, two wineglassfuls of white wine, and enough white stock to cover.’
- ‘Place in 2 quarts of water and gently simmer down to 1 quart, strain and take a wineglassful every two hours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.