One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A habitual drinker of alcohol.
- ‘I think he would have praised her labor of love and, like the ‘glutton and winebibber’ he was alleged to be, he would have dug right in.’
- ‘If we remain faithful to the God of Thunder and Lightning, what can we fear from the God of winebibbers?’
- ‘In fact the imp has just made the excellent point that Jesus himself was very fond of a drink (his enemies called him a winebibber, remember).’
- ‘‘Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh: For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty’ (Proverbs 23: 20-21 KJV)’
- ‘They called Jesus a ‘winebibber,’ said he consorted with lowlifes, and accused him of bringing the name of the religious community into disrepute by violating the social laws of religious apartheid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.