One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wide silk bias-cut necktie, tied in a loose double knot.
- ‘Today it is acceptable for a man to wear different colored tuxedo shirts, a vest instead of a cummerbund, a solid colored long tie referred to as a Windsor tie, a button instead of a tie, or a selected combination of the above.’
- ‘Typically, your collar should be up to allow ease of maneuvering, and to prevent creases in your tie while tying the Full Windsor tie knot.’
- ‘Democratic Representative Robert Alexis Green, wearer of flowing Windsor ties, announced that he would never again attend a White House function as long as the Hoovers were there.’
- ‘There was also more latitude with neck wear than with a Frock Suit, with Windsor ties more common than bow ties.’
- ‘All of our new and existing inventory of full back vest lines will now be available with bows as well as Windsor ties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.