One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Organs of sense, especially the eyes.
- ‘The only other male member of the cabin crew was a very appealing young lad by the name of Ian, with dark eyes there were true windows on the soul and some really kissable lips.’
- ‘Eyes, in Minority Report, are literally windows on the soul, and the soul is that which yearns for brand-name fulfillment.’
- ‘I can't remember who said it, but we have been told that the eyes are windows on the soul.’
- ‘I was staring into his pupils, the windows on the soul, but all I saw was blankness.’
- ‘Said to be the windows on the soul, your eyes are often the first thing people notice about you.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.