One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Interior decoration for a window or window frame.
- ‘What had once merely resembled a Buckingham Palace window treatment now, thanks to the hateful green straps and bow, looked like a botched department-store wrapping job.’
- ‘The first part of the interior window treatment is the simple beaded keeper-fixed at the top and one side, removable on the second side.’
- ‘For instance, a window treatment might include mesh sheer panels with soft, pliable sheared duck draperies, and a scarf in a high-twist fabric.’
- ‘For ‘New Instructions,’ every surface of the gallery space was covered with Simon's new products - from the window treatment to the floor covering.’
- ‘Unlike other more dramatic window shapes, it is probably more important for standard windows to have some form of window treatment, as they do not have a lot of character of their own.’
- ‘Mostly gone are the days when the average citizen could get free water heater blankets or window treatments from her utility (sufficient citizen pressure could bring them back).’
- ‘I swear, whoever did the window treatments in our house must have had a passion for the 80s.’
- ‘The first step is determining your color scheme by examining your existing furniture, window treatments, and other accessories (or shop for these items first).’
- ‘We agonize over wall color, window treatments, and carpets and flooring, but the poor ceiling is overlooked - if it can be said you can overlook something that's directly overhead.’
- ‘We redid the downstairs powder room and aside from the fact that it's still missing a corner shelf and a window treatment I think it's pretty much done.’
- ‘Finding the right window treatment ranks among the most daunting of decorating dilemmas.’
- ‘Like the majority of their neighbors, they seem perfectly willing to submit to pages of ordinances, codes, and bylaws governing everything from window treatments to the disposition of junk cars.’
- ‘Draperies can provide a complete window treatment, or they can be integrated as a design element when combined with other treatments.’
- ‘A balloon shade is a soft, blousy window treatment that can add a decorative flair to any room.’
- ‘Do you want a window treatment that is elegant and beautiful?’
- ‘Whatever is featured, as the center of interest - a fireplace, artwork or a window treatment framing a beautiful view - must be sufficiently emphasized so that everything else leads the eye toward the featured area.’
- ‘So here's my chance to brighten the room with some color in these window treatments.’
- ‘Last week I'm teaching the boys how to tie a tourniquet, and he comes in screaming that the rags we're using - excuse me, the toile - were for some new window treatment in the lab.’
- ‘For her own room, she's chosen a new cottage-style bed and bookcase, blue and yellow painted walls, and we're working on a window treatment.’
- ‘For instance, if your suite and other furnishings conspire to create a more comfortable and traditional look, the starkness of the new window treatment will dominate the look and it will appear unfinished by comparison.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.