One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Fortunately, this windbaggery can often be ignored, as fewer and fewer Americans really take the elite media's opinions seriously.’
- ‘Yes, it seems to me we're headed for another bad election, from the point of view of the ‘decent’ people who want results, not more windbaggery.’
- ‘The opposition to the Governments proposed reforms to higher education is characterised by windbaggery on the part of Labour ‘rebels’ and Liberal Democrats.’
- ‘Most people appear to regard all this future stuff as nothing more than pointless navel gazing, needless windbaggery, useless pontificating, worthless sounding off and aimless chatter.’
- ‘Apparently it is a heady mix of desperation with underlying scents of money and old rope topped off with the faint whiff of sanctimonious windbaggery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.