One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group of musicians playing mainly woodwind instruments.
- ‘The final disc includes some wonderful arrangements for wind band that include a rip-roaring account of Walton's ‘Crown Imperial’ march.’
- ‘Gymnasts and rhythm machines, silent stagehands and circus artists, inflatable plastic animals and marching wind bands - there seemed to be nothing that he dared not touch.’
- ‘John of Gaunt entered five groups in this year's regional festival including its wind band, low brass ensemble and trombone octet.’
- ‘He set up a wind band and then a brass band for his mature students and helped disabled groups in their musical productions.’
- ‘Ulverston Victoria High School's wind band is going on tour in Italy next year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.