One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Reacting with a slight involuntary grimace or shrinking movement of the body.‘wincing embarrassment’‘a wincing intake of breath’
- ‘I blinked in a wincing fashion.’
- ‘At rehearsal, there were 'wincing' patterns of voice.’
- ‘That each explains, at least to some extent, Jack's wincing behavior.’
- ‘The first experience caught me off guard with a wincing pain in my nostrils.’
- ‘Test engineers still make that wincing face (you know the one), drawing back a little when asked.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.