One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A malignant tumor of the kidney, of a type that occurs in young children.
- ‘Children are more likely to develop a kind of kidney cancer called Wilms' tumor.’
- ‘Maddy was only three years old when she was diagnosed with Wilms' tumour, a rare childhood cancer that affects the kidneys.’
- ‘An abdominal mass in a child may also be due to Wilms' tumor.’
- ‘She is now in good health despite being diagnosed with Wilms' tumor, a cancer which affects the kidneys, in 1999.’
- ‘This pioneering, statistically based model explained both the hereditary and sporadic forms of retinoblastoma, and was followed by similar models for neuroblastoma and Wilms' tumor.’
Early 20th century: named after Max Wilms (1867–1918), German surgeon.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.