One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pottery with a willow-pattern design.
- ‘This successful woodenware and willowware merchant was a dedicated philanthropist.’
- ‘On these were placed all the old china the farmhouse attic afforded; including numerous pieces of the old blue and white willowware pattern.’
- ‘Not unless there's a mortgage company that takes down payments in sixties Superhero comic books and Great Aunt Martha's willowware.’
- ‘You'll also see hand-painted vases, Toby jugs, majolica, and willowware, examples of Pyro (the first ovenware), royal dinner services, and sculpture by modern artists.’
- ‘They make a nice antidote to the Anglophobia of the breakfast rooms, where a persuasive case is made for polished mahogany, willowware and crustless toast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.