One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for willow ptarmigan
- ‘Then you can hunt for capercaillies, black grouses, hazel grouses and willow grouses.’
- ‘A white willow grouse on white snow is difficult to spot; you may only see it when it takes off.’
- ‘Several species have been protected by legislation owing to their small numbers, among them are the beavers, red deer, and willow grouses.’
- ‘In summertime over 75 species of birds live in tundra (polar owls, willow grouses and ptarmigans, snow-buntings, skuas, sandpipers, swans, wild geese).’
- ‘Some species are represented by quite big samples allowing analysis of trends in geographic variation: eagle owl, larger falcons, goshawks, willow grouses, etc.’
willow grouse/ˈwilō ɡrous/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.