One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Readily; of one's own free will.‘she went willingly’
voluntarily, of one's own free will, of one's own accord, of one's own volition, by choiceView synonyms
- ‘Each company had its business plan examined by a team of experts and advice was freely and willingly dispensed.’
- ‘At least celebrity is something the rest of us might willingly concede we don't possess.’
- ‘It's no easy task driving in Tokyo, but they do a really good job and willingly help others as well.’
- ‘Others say his devotion to Korean farmers was so passionate that he would willingly have laid down his life for them.’
- ‘Why anyone would willingly subject themselves to three hours of this sentimental rubbish is beyond me.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.