One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I have a fellow feeling for the absent-minded who are accused of wilfulness.’
- ‘Is it willfulness, stubbornness, or just an attempt to be in control at the expense of everything and everyone else?’
- ‘Too much attention given to the only child in a family not only blinds parents' ability to reason and clouds their judgement, it also encourages the child's willfulness.’
- ‘Sometimes Jaime drove his parents to distraction with his willfulness, and some nights, when he would not sleep - he was so busy watching the world outside and wondering what more there was to see - they lost their tempers.’
- ‘This sort of undertaking is not an exercise in constitutional interpretation but an act of judicial willfulness that has no logical stopping point.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.