One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flower of an uncultivated variety or a flower growing freely without human intervention.
- ‘A wildflower garden is ecologically sound, creating a habitat for a host of species such as bees and butterflies.’
- ‘They rolled down the hill into the grasses in the field below, where wildflowers grew.’
- ‘Sweden is a blur of golden wheat fields, bright wildflowers and hot rosehip tea.’
- ‘We had time to notice the variety of wildflowers and birds and to see them in a new way.’
- ‘We also planted a wildflower and herb garden in the enclosed yard and constructed a storage shed.’
- ‘One of the first things we did was to dig a large pond and plant a marsh garden and a wildflower meadow.’
- ‘The air was fresh with earthly scents of topsoil, grass, trees and wildflowers.’
- ‘People are especially keen to grow wildflowers, which are on beautiful display at the park even during this dry winter.’
- ‘The entire length of the walk on the side away from the river has been planted with a mix of wetland wildflowers, grass and shrubs.’
- ‘It has been completely covered by elm scrub, which will be taken away so the grass and wildflowers can grow back.’
- ‘All around her stood high fields of wildflowers and grass and she spun around admiring the view.’
- ‘And of course part of the gardens are dedicated to wildflowers, and others to beautiful roses.’
- ‘Give your loved one a wildflower from the garden or even one you saw on the walk home!’
- ‘Some wildflowers grew where she sat, so she moved where she couldn't crush any of them.’
- ‘Scatter seeds of wildflowers directly into the garden where you want them to grow.’
- ‘This analysis provided a series of years subjectively classified as good or not good for wildflowers.’
- ‘He was particularly complimentary about the wildflower garden, home to so many creatures.’
- ‘The hedgerows and wildflowers were in full bloom; blackberries abounded.’
- ‘If you like the charm of a natural flowering meadow with a mismatch of blooms, you should try growing your own wildflower garden.’
- ‘That in turn gave not only the grass but also wildflowers time to grow and establish themselves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.