One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another name for giant reed
- ‘Barkulkul left bearing not indigenous food (as in the first version) but regenerative signs (soil enclosed in a wild kava leaf and eggs and wild cane which turned into snakes) and those things which would return later as European goods.’
- ‘And when he left he took an egg, which grew into a snake, and some wild cane which grew into a snake.’
- ‘The lodge is constructed from local clay and wild cane and roofed with palm fronds.’
- ‘The easy way to harvest wild cane is to chop the long stems off at the base, and carry a bundle of long canes home over the shoulder, where they can be cut into smaller pieces and shared out to chew on under shelter as the wet season rains beat down.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.