One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for cuckoopint
- ‘Primroses, violets and bluebells appear in the roadside verges, followed by wild arum and the wild carrot, otherwise known as ‘Queen Anne's lace’.’
- ‘For my colleague Stephan's memorial last month we simply contacted one of the parents who encourages her wild arums by feeding and dividing them.’
- ‘The flora of Belgium is made up of plants like hyacinth, strawberry, goldenrod, periwinkle, foxglove, wild arum, and lily of the valley.’
- ‘Their gaudiness advertised that they were the poisonous berries of wild arum, lords-and-ladies.’
- ‘The amount of light reaching the woodland floor is reduced but is sufficient for shade tolerant varieties such as Bluebells, wild arum and ground ivy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.