One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘An out-of-touch Ashraful hung around purposelessly for 31 balls, making 13 before holing out at widish long-on.’
- ‘The wicketkeeper also played his part with a superb catch as the Tasmanian swished at the widish delivery.’
- ‘Trescothick fell in familiar style: flapping at a widish one outside off stump, he failed to move his feet and feathered through - just as he had in the first innings.’
- ‘But then, such is the talent level of this gifted left-hander that he can effortlessly caress a widish delivery past the ropes, and thump a lightning quick yorker to the fence!’
- ‘The opener fished at a widish delivery, edging it to Parthiv Patel behind the stumps.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.