One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An offensive player who is positioned at a distance from the end and is used primarily as a pass receiver.
- ‘But learning to play with your cornerbacks covering passes to wide receivers will take time.’
- ‘The biggest upgrades have been made at running back, wide receiver and defensive line.’
- ‘Rogers is only the most dynamic offensive player in the Big Ten and the top wide receiver in the nation.’
- ‘Starting quarterbacks, wide receivers and running backs were ineligible for consideration.’
- ‘In addition to linebacker, Peterson can play defensive end or cover wide receivers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.