One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An offensive player who is positioned at a distance from the end and is used primarily as a pass receiver.
- ‘Rogers is only the most dynamic offensive player in the Big Ten and the top wide receiver in the nation.’
- ‘Starting quarterbacks, wide receivers and running backs were ineligible for consideration.’
- ‘The biggest upgrades have been made at running back, wide receiver and defensive line.’
- ‘In addition to linebacker, Peterson can play defensive end or cover wide receivers.’
- ‘But learning to play with your cornerbacks covering passes to wide receivers will take time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.