One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fielder stationed close behind a batsman's wicket and typically equipped with gloves and pads.
- ‘The team consists of five all-rounders, six specialist batsmen, two wicketkeepers and five strike bowlers.’
- ‘Has there ever been a Test match where both wicketkeepers have stumped each other?’
- ‘So teams can pick seven batsmen and five bowlers or, in India's case, seven batsmen and a wicketkeeper.’
- ‘Is it true that Australia once selected a wicketkeeper for a Test who had never kept wicket before?’
- ‘Has there been an occasion in Test history when all 11 players bowled in the innings, including the wicketkeeper?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.