One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being evil or morally wrong.‘the wickedness of the regime’
evil-doing, evil, evilness, sin, sinfulness, iniquity, iniquitousness, vileness, foulness, baseness, badness, wrong, wrongdoing, dishonesty, double-dealing, unscrupulousness, roguery, villainy, rascality, delinquency, viciousness, degeneracy, depravity, dissolution, dissipation, immorality, vice, perversion, pervertedness, corruption, corruptness, turpitude, devilry, devilishness, fiendishnessView synonyms
- ‘There is not a word in the English dictionary to really describe this pre-meditated act of evil and wickedness.’
- ‘Indeed, there are few acts of comparable deliberate and indiscriminate wickedness in human history.’
- ‘All sense of right and wrong became blurred and a culture of wickedness replaced the old values and traditions.’
- ‘The message was clear - turn from your greed and your wickedness or the whole of the Trinity will be destroyed.’
- ‘Was ever such wickedness perpetrated on the many by so few?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.