One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Harold promotes the value and wholesomeness of teen chastity under the title ‘Respect Yourself, Protect Yourself.’’
- ‘For those whose childhood memories stretch back a few decades, the name Walt Disney is likely to bring associations of wholesomeness, innocence and American virtue.’
- ‘Italy, in contrast to America, represents a purity and wholesomeness that she desires but can never have because of her identity as an American.’
- ‘It introduced a GM product into a food viewed by most consumers to be - and marketed for - its purity and wholesomeness.’
- ‘Durable life is the amount of time, starting on the day a food is packaged, that the unopened food will retain its normal wholesomeness, palatability and nutritional value, when stored under appropriate conditions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.