One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I happen to be a whittler because I needed a device.’
- ‘Over 400 designers, weavers, whittlers, cooks, carpenters, candle-makers, glass-blowers and viz-artists are packing 'em in at Montreal's biggest, best known and probably priciest craft fair.’
- ‘Without much delay, Rahaena's army of monster hunters and mercenaries charged forward, chipping away at the retreating legion like a whittler at wood.’
- ‘Less exalted were the humble whittlers, and in between were joiners and cabinetmakers, who were the only woodworkers paid for their efforts.’
- ‘Not about that fact that whittling was involved, nor perhaps on the skill and artistry of my fellow whittlers, but the fact that I could ever hope to produce anything.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.