One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This whitewasher is former Associate V.P. Academic Judith Osbourne.’
- ‘When that column was published in the September ‘99 issue of GUNS, a few of our readers wrote in and called me a whitewasher.’
- ‘In fact, in Old Church of Amsterdam, the artist seems to work rather insistently against the efforts of the whitewasher.’
- ‘As aggravating as the BBC's linguistic whitewashers are, our own are just as bad or worse.’
- ‘Since the publication of photographs of abuse in the spring the administration's whitewashers have contended that the crimes were carried out by a few low-ranking reservists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.