One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Since the publication of photographs of abuse in the spring the administration's whitewashers have contended that the crimes were carried out by a few low-ranking reservists.’
- ‘In fact, in Old Church of Amsterdam, the artist seems to work rather insistently against the efforts of the whitewasher.’
- ‘When that column was published in the September ‘99 issue of GUNS, a few of our readers wrote in and called me a whitewasher.’
- ‘This whitewasher is former Associate V.P. Academic Judith Osbourne.’
- ‘As aggravating as the BBC's linguistic whitewashers are, our own are just as bad or worse.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.