One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A reddish to grayish American deer with white on the belly and the underside of the tail.
- ‘There should be whitetail and mule deer in abundance, and this is the most likely place to spot a golden eagle.’
- ‘Of the 38 deer species worldwide, the whitetail in the East and mule deer in the West are the two that cause the most problems for American gardeners.’
- ‘Point out that whitetail deer and elk populations are exploding and we respond that mule deer hunting isn't like it was.’
- ‘I've taken an even dozen whitetail and mule deer bucks at ranges from 20 meters to a full 80, all of which were one-shot kills.’
- ‘Texas has youth-only autumn hunting seasons (usually a weekend) for squirrel, whitetail deer, Rio Grande turkey and waterfowl.’
- ‘Cattle, sheep, and goats can thrive on actively managed landscapes, as can pronghorn antelope and whitetail deer.’
- ‘In Brent Albritton, the antlered head of a whitetail deer serves as a bucket, complete with pelt-covered handle.’
- ‘Unlike their European counterparts, American wildlife managers generally recommend feeding whitetails only during severe winters or prolonged droughts.’
- ‘Studies have shown that 95 percent of adult female deer ticks feed on whitetails.’
- ‘Native Americans hunted whitetail deer for colonists or offered food to them in exchange for manufactured goods from Europe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.