One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Her even white teeth gleamed whitely as she raised her own opened soda to her lips.’
- ‘You can see the Parthenon from anywhere in Athens, gleaming whitely on the Acropolis.’
- ‘The fog swirled whitely around us in a sudden gust of wind.’
- ‘Its whitely gleaming limestone façade was smoothly intact, an awesome sight unseen since the dawn of recorded history.’
- ‘A long, wide car has pulled up in the driveway, a face peering whitely from its passenger window.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.