Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A pale or white-topped pustule on the skin.
- ‘With inflammatory acne, the whiteheads become overloaded with bacteria and swell, producing pimples and pustules.’
- ‘‘Milia are essentially whiteheads that have closed over themselves,’ Kunin explains.’
- ‘The bumps can be blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, or cysts.’
- ‘Both whiteheads and blackheads may stay in the skin for a long time.’
- ‘Differin is very effective for treating blackheads and whiteheads, and even some cystic acne.’
- ‘Some degree of acne is seen in 85% of adolescents, and nearly all teens have the occasional pimple, blackhead, or whitehead.’
- ‘If the pore is completely blocked, it forms a whitehead.’
- ‘Salicylic acid is effective, especially on whiteheads and blackheads.’
- ‘The same medicines used for acne often work for whiteheads and blackheads.’
- ‘I use to have constant red bumps and whiteheads from ingrown hairs after shaving.’
- ‘This basically means she squeezes your spots, whiteheads and blackheads alike.’
- ‘The pimples of rosacea, which often occur as the disease progresses, are different from those of acne because blackheads and whiteheads are not present.’
- ‘Acne is the blanket term used for skin irritations, including blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, and the deeper cysts that may form on your shoulders, neck, face or other areas.’
- ‘The resulting build up of sebum behind the blockage helps produce blackheads and whiteheads.’
- ‘The whiteheads are going down and drying, leaving nearly invisible scars.’
- ‘These help thicken the hair follicle's lining, causing blackheads / whiteheads.’
- ‘Like benzoyl peroxide, sulfur keeps bacteria in check and works wonders on whiteheads, blackheads and pimples.’
- ‘You have moderate acne if you have swelling, red bumps, or pustules, along with the whiteheads and blackheads.’
- ‘These pimples vary according to the severity of the acne and range from whiteheads, blackheads, pustules, nodules to cysts.’
- ‘If the plugged follicle, or comedo, stays beneath the skin, it is called a closed comedo and produces a white bump called a whitehead.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.