One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pale or white-topped pustule on the skin.
- ‘Salicylic acid is effective, especially on whiteheads and blackheads.’
- ‘The bumps can be blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, or cysts.’
- ‘You have moderate acne if you have swelling, red bumps, or pustules, along with the whiteheads and blackheads.’
- ‘Both whiteheads and blackheads may stay in the skin for a long time.’
- ‘These pimples vary according to the severity of the acne and range from whiteheads, blackheads, pustules, nodules to cysts.’
- ‘The resulting build up of sebum behind the blockage helps produce blackheads and whiteheads.’
- ‘‘Milia are essentially whiteheads that have closed over themselves,’ Kunin explains.’
- ‘If the pore is completely blocked, it forms a whitehead.’
- ‘These help thicken the hair follicle's lining, causing blackheads / whiteheads.’
- ‘The whiteheads are going down and drying, leaving nearly invisible scars.’
- ‘This basically means she squeezes your spots, whiteheads and blackheads alike.’
- ‘The same medicines used for acne often work for whiteheads and blackheads.’
- ‘With inflammatory acne, the whiteheads become overloaded with bacteria and swell, producing pimples and pustules.’
- ‘Acne is the blanket term used for skin irritations, including blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, and the deeper cysts that may form on your shoulders, neck, face or other areas.’
- ‘If the plugged follicle, or comedo, stays beneath the skin, it is called a closed comedo and produces a white bump called a whitehead.’
- ‘I use to have constant red bumps and whiteheads from ingrown hairs after shaving.’
- ‘Differin is very effective for treating blackheads and whiteheads, and even some cystic acne.’
- ‘Like benzoyl peroxide, sulfur keeps bacteria in check and works wonders on whiteheads, blackheads and pimples.’
- ‘Some degree of acne is seen in 85% of adolescents, and nearly all teens have the occasional pimple, blackhead, or whitehead.’
- ‘The pimples of rosacea, which often occur as the disease progresses, are different from those of acne because blackheads and whiteheads are not present.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.