One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A minute winged bug covered with powdery white wax, damaging plants by feeding on the sap and coating them with honeydew.
Family Aleyrodidae, suborder Homoptera: numerous genera and species
- ‘Inspect your plants regularly for insects such as aphids, thrips, whiteflies, and other noxious pests, whether indoors or outdoors.’
- ‘Yet those little bumps are indeed insects, related to aphids, whiteflies, and jumping plant lice.’
- ‘In addition, oils disrupt feeding by insects such as flea beetles, whiteflies, and aphids without necessarily killing them.’
- ‘Mealybugs, aphids and whiteflies also eliminate honeydew, creating ideal conditions for sooty mold.’
- ‘The adults of most species feed on nectar and honeydew produced by aphids and other sucking insects like leafhoppers, whiteflies and mealybugs.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.