Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A mainly freshwater fish of the salmon family, widely used as food.
- ‘Sport anglers flock there in pursuit of steelhead trout, coho salmon and whitefish.’
- ‘All the usual varieties were laid out - zander, whitefish, trout and taimen.’
- ‘His father, Allan Bjornaa Sr., is a Batchewana First Nation fisherman who catches whitefish and lake trout in Lake Superior.’
- ‘Spin casting for lake trout, whitefish, and northern pike is reason enough to pack the rods, but the big draw is fly-fishing for arctic grayling.’
- ‘Tuna, salmon, whitefish, and mackerel are good choices.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.