Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A mainly freshwater fish of the salmon family, widely used as food.
- ‘His father, Allan Bjornaa Sr., is a Batchewana First Nation fisherman who catches whitefish and lake trout in Lake Superior.’
- ‘Sport anglers flock there in pursuit of steelhead trout, coho salmon and whitefish.’
- ‘All the usual varieties were laid out - zander, whitefish, trout and taimen.’
- ‘Tuna, salmon, whitefish, and mackerel are good choices.’
- ‘Spin casting for lake trout, whitefish, and northern pike is reason enough to pack the rods, but the big draw is fly-fishing for arctic grayling.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.