One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mainly freshwater fish of the salmon family, widely used as food.
Coregonus and other genera, family Salmonidae: several species
- ‘Spin casting for lake trout, whitefish, and northern pike is reason enough to pack the rods, but the big draw is fly-fishing for arctic grayling.’
- ‘Sport anglers flock there in pursuit of steelhead trout, coho salmon and whitefish.’
- ‘His father, Allan Bjornaa Sr., is a Batchewana First Nation fisherman who catches whitefish and lake trout in Lake Superior.’
- ‘All the usual varieties were laid out - zander, whitefish, trout and taimen.’
- ‘Tuna, salmon, whitefish, and mackerel are good choices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.