One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The belief that white people are superior to those of all other races, especially the black race, and should therefore dominate society.
- ‘Masekela came of age just as white supremacy in South Africa was being institutionalized through apartheid.’
- ‘The book, which recounts the horrors of white supremacy and the wonders of black resiliency, was the first American Book Award winner that has as its theme black genocide.’
- ‘The published photos galvanized an African American movement against white supremacy.’
- ‘However, part of the ‘new vision’ we need must be clearly stated as embracing the demise of white supremacy and patriarchy.’
- ‘Some in our society are actively racist, seeking to further the mission of white supremacy and all it entails.’
- ‘In the face of Nazi white supremacy, a black athlete demonstrates the ridiculousness of the creed.’
- ‘They all have major black characters and themes showing African-American men fighting back against white supremacy.’
- ‘It was racist, but in an era when the institutions of white supremacy faced no serious challenge, race was not the exclusive focus.’
- ‘The cry for war is the cry for domination, white supremacy and death.’
- ‘While this style can exhort some blacks to great sacrifice against entrenched white supremacy, it often comes up short as a means of conveying the complexities of the world.’
- ‘Cross-racial adoption claims and custody litigation therefore do not represent attempts to enshrine white supremacy.’
- ‘My tradition raised questions, like those about white supremacy, that most of the larger society didn't want to interrogate.’
- ‘Their role as workers, soldiers and activists in the fight against white supremacy at home and fascism abroad created vast social changes that set the stage for Brown.’
- ‘If you peer through the foggy evasions, you might catch a glimpse of white supremacy: more subtle than decades ago but still very powerful.’
- ‘John Woodruff's brilliant victory in the 800 meters at the 1936 Olympic Games helped crush Hitler's ideals of white supremacy.’
- ‘White mob violence against blacks was a deliberate tool used to maintain white supremacy, not to punish crime.’
- ‘Thurmond dropped overt appeals to white supremacy only after the Voting Rights Act of 1965.’
- ‘Because of such gains, many blacks became convinced that the entire structure of white supremacy had become vulnerable.’
- ‘By challenging segregation, King threatened the very root of white supremacy in the United States.’
- ‘During the revolution black slave labour was introduced into capitalist enterprises in British colonies, the slave trade was established, as was the belief in white supremacy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.