Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for great white shark
- ‘The attack by two sharks is unusual behaviour for white pointers, which are generally regarded as solitary hunters.’
- ‘The technology comes too late for 29-year-old Bradley Smith, who was attacked by two white pointers recently while surfing in Perth.’
- ‘Over the last month there have been two ‘encounters’ with large white pointers, originally thought to have involved the same animal.’
- ‘But he is certain that Jarrod Stehbens would not agree with some calls for great white pointers to be culled.’
- ‘A little over 6 months ago, Nick Petersen died at West Beach after being taken by a 4m white pointer.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.