Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The husked ripe or unripe berries of the pepper (see pepper), typically ground and used as a condiment.→ pepper
- ‘Four spice is a ground spice mixture usually containing white pepper, nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon or cloves.’
- ‘Add the ground fennel and white pepper and stir to combine.’
- ‘The chicken is seasoned with a blend of jalapeno, cayenne, chili, and black and white pepper.’
- ‘For the sardines, in a large bowl, whisk together the cumin, paprika, white pepper, garlic, oregano, and vinegar.’
- ‘Season with lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and white pepper.’
white pepper/(h)wīt ˈpepər/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.