One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A whitish candy made with cocoa butter.
- ‘I began with Nigella's instruction to melt white chocolate and butter in a double broiler.’
- ‘For a variation, roll the truffles in grated white chocolate instead of icing sugar, or coat them in a solid chocolate shell.’
- ‘In a bowl, combine the milk, bittersweet chocolate, and white chocolate.’
- ‘Dip the bottom half of each apple into the white chocolate.’
- ‘In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the bittersweet chocolate, white chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth.’
- ‘The cake was a masterpiece of icing sugar and white chocolate.’
- ‘A highlight was the multi-dessert plate featuring the Mohegan totem made entirely of white chocolate.’
- ‘First here are the 15 winners, who correctly said the bars can be made from milk, dark or white chocolate.’
- ‘The bride will wear Alexander McQueen and the wedding cake is a six-tier affair covered in Swiss white chocolate.’
- ‘Blood pressure remained pretty much unchanged in the group that ate white chocolate, which does not contain polyphenols.’
- ‘Inside the little box was the most elegantly carved, beautifully crafted rose of white chocolate I had ever seen.’
- ‘The white chocolate is smooth, creamy and stiff with grains of proper Bourbon vanilla, not vanillin, the cost-cutting artificial flavouring.’
- ‘The company has this year launched a startling range of new KitKats, including a low carb version, Seville Orange, white chocolate and lemon flavours.’
- ‘Spread white chocolate into a thin layer over red chocolate.’
- ‘People are also advised to stay clear of white chocolate, which is made from cocoa butter and does not contain any cocoa at all.’
- ‘For filling, heat white chocolate until just melted and cool for 5 minutes.’
- ‘I found the white chocolate overpowered the milk chocolate.’
- ‘Pour over the white chocolate and gently whisk to incorporate.’
- ‘I found the white chocolate to be delicious at first but the Grand Marnier gave it a very sickly, sweet quality, which eventually became unbearable.’
- ‘Dip each cookie half way in the warmed white chocolate then sprinkle with the red sugar and peppermint mixture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.