One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A whitish candy made with cocoa butter.
- ‘The cake was a masterpiece of icing sugar and white chocolate.’
- ‘I began with Nigella's instruction to melt white chocolate and butter in a double broiler.’
- ‘Dip the bottom half of each apple into the white chocolate.’
- ‘Inside the little box was the most elegantly carved, beautifully crafted rose of white chocolate I had ever seen.’
- ‘Spread white chocolate into a thin layer over red chocolate.’
- ‘For filling, heat white chocolate until just melted and cool for 5 minutes.’
- ‘Blood pressure remained pretty much unchanged in the group that ate white chocolate, which does not contain polyphenols.’
- ‘For a variation, roll the truffles in grated white chocolate instead of icing sugar, or coat them in a solid chocolate shell.’
- ‘People are also advised to stay clear of white chocolate, which is made from cocoa butter and does not contain any cocoa at all.’
- ‘First here are the 15 winners, who correctly said the bars can be made from milk, dark or white chocolate.’
- ‘The company has this year launched a startling range of new KitKats, including a low carb version, Seville Orange, white chocolate and lemon flavours.’
- ‘Dip each cookie half way in the warmed white chocolate then sprinkle with the red sugar and peppermint mixture.’
- ‘In a bowl, combine the milk, bittersweet chocolate, and white chocolate.’
- ‘The bride will wear Alexander McQueen and the wedding cake is a six-tier affair covered in Swiss white chocolate.’
- ‘In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the bittersweet chocolate, white chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth.’
- ‘I found the white chocolate to be delicious at first but the Grand Marnier gave it a very sickly, sweet quality, which eventually became unbearable.’
- ‘A highlight was the multi-dessert plate featuring the Mohegan totem made entirely of white chocolate.’
- ‘The white chocolate is smooth, creamy and stiff with grains of proper Bourbon vanilla, not vanillin, the cost-cutting artificial flavouring.’
- ‘Pour over the white chocolate and gently whisk to incorporate.’
- ‘I found the white chocolate overpowered the milk chocolate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.