One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American freshwater bass with dark horizontal stripes.
"Morone chrysops", family "Moronidae"
- ‘Other options such as white bass, crappie and channel catfish are available, but the ubiquitous sunfish is the most widespread and plentiful.’
- ‘Most hybrid striped bass that consumers purchase are a cross between female white bass and male striped bass.’
- ‘The white bass are on their annual spawning migration out of torpid Toledo Bend and into the living, breathing Sabine River.’
- ‘For most freshwater work - black bass, crappie, white bass, sunfish - a 6-inch blade works fine.’
- ‘I remember tales of two or three men catching hundreds of white bass from Lake Livingston or its tributaries, depending on the time of year, in a morning or afternoon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.