One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for termite
- ‘The lodge is built from cypress pine, a standard building material in the mallee country, due largely to its resistance to white ants.’
- ‘Apart from the problems with the Tiwi Aborigines there were the white ants and the occasional cyclone which made life rather difficult.’
- ‘Valley Kit Homes can also supply treated pine or steel frames to some rural areas, to ensure against white ants.’
- ‘Experts also found a tree 10 metres away had been badly damaged by white ants.’
- ‘The skeletons of outsized Victorian sofas and armchairs lies dotted around the parquet floors, their chintz entirely eaten away by white ants.’
white ant/ˈ(h)wīt ˌant/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.