One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A common deer mouse with white feet, found in the US and Mexico.
- ‘And meadow voles, by excluding white-footed mice from some habitats, may reduce the risk of Lyme disease, which is carried by ticks that feed off these mice.’
- ‘While meadow voles rarely leave grassy fields to enter forests, white-footed mice are generalists, preferring forests but frequenting old fields as well.’
- ‘Little loggers make a big difference: the tastes of two small rodents - the meadow vole and the white-footed mouse - can determine what trees grow in a forest’
- ‘Some rodents, especially the deer mouse, rice rat, white-footed mouse and cotton rat, may carry hantaviruses.’
- ‘A total of 60 white-footed mice yielded 16 species of mites, two species of ticks, two species of fleas, and one species of louse.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.