Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Fairly thick cream containing enough butterfat to make it suitable for whipping.
- ‘Based in Phoenix, Shamrock Farms produces and distributes high-quality farm-fresh milk, as well as whipping cream, sour cream, cottage cheese, ice cream and frozen novelties.’
- ‘I will also try using 30 cl of whipping cream and 20 cl of milk, this should work too and result in a lighter cream.’
- ‘Finally I hung up half an hour later, promising to bring chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, cookie dough, chocolate, sour-cream and onion chips and whipping cream.’
- ‘We traipsed down to the Whole for a bottle of wine, a half pint of whipping cream, and some Niçoise olives - a very promising trio.’
- ‘Bring the whipping cream to a boil in a small saucepan.’
- ‘The first certified-organic dairy west of the Mississippi, Straus produces everything from cream-top whole milk and Monterey Jack cheese to 35 percent butterfat whipping cream.’
- ‘Products run on sanitary plate heat exchangers include fluid milk as well as cheese milk, whipping cream, whey, sour cream and yogurt smoothies that do not have a high level of particulates.’
- ‘Other ingredients include sweet, creamy, fresh butter, delicious whipping cream, pure cane sugar, fresh roasted nuts, pure flavourings and the freshest fruit purées.’
- ‘In a mixer bowl combine 1 cup whipping cream, one tablespoon powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla, beat till soft peaks form.’
- ‘You pour in 3/4 cup of buttermilk and 3/4 cup of whipping cream.’
- ‘This extra-strong dark lager (7.5 per cent alcohol) has a dense head that is similar to whipping cream.’
- ‘I have just had a look in our cupboard, and if someone can sell me some whipping cream and a tin of mandarin oranges I could knock up a reasonably good trifle.’
- ‘When completely melted, remove from heat and add in the whipping cream, stirring as you pour, and until completely incorporated.’
- ‘In a small saucepan, heat up the whipping cream until small bubbles start to form.’
- ‘When it had about the right texture, having no heavy cream, I added what whipping cream I had left, about 1/4 cup.’
- ‘In addition to fluid milk, it markets a wide range of organic dairy products including buttermilk, whipping cream and a dozen kinds of cheese.’
- ‘Combine whipping cream, vanilla and 1 tbsp. sugar in bowl.’
- ‘Serve plain or with ice cream or whipping cream.’
- ‘For a slightly less rich soup, replace 3/4 cup of the whipping cream with chicken broth.’
- ‘Remove pan from heat and whisk in 2 1/3 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth, 1 cup evaporated milk or whipping cream, and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried basil.’
whipping cream/ˈ(h)wipiNG krēm/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.