One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
When someone feels inclined to do something.‘he can be quite candid when the spirit moves him’
- ‘Now, when the spirit moves me to clean out drawers and closets, I'm on the search for things to replenish my regifting shelf.’
- ‘Kobe's preferred game plan is to disregard his teammates and shoot when the spirit moves him.’
- ‘Men do spend a lot of time in there, when the spirit moves them (so to speak) but it is nothing when compared to how much time the woman spends there.’
- ‘Simpson can write like a dream when the spirit moves him.’
- ‘The Rams can still move the ball in explosive fashion when the spirit moves them, but their weak defense and special teams and front-office paranoia are major detriments.’
- ‘But when the spirit moves you, you respond: A group of women suddenly sat down on the road in a line clear across the street and completely blocked all passage of cars.’
- ‘The two nameless pieces of Duh are built out of guitars, samples, amplifier hums, drum machines, effects processors, and, when the spirit moves them, garbled screaming.’
- ‘We also have quite a few contributors who like to hang back and give us something only when the spirit moves them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.