One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who makes or repairs wooden wheels.
- ‘He also commissioned a traditional wheelwright in Lincolnshire to remodel the original carriage wheels.’
- ‘Isaac was a wheelwright and wood turner and probably worked with his father in the spinning-wheel shop.’
- ‘It was started by the Barrett family and until 1932 it was the home of ironfounders, wheelwrights, millwrights and general engineers.’
- ‘The facilities here extend no further than a long defunct green petrol pump outside the former wheelwright and a pair of stocks.’
- ‘Some wheelwrights would get the local blacksmith to make the tyres (entire rim of steel) the blacksmith would then ‘shoe’ the wheels, sometimes in batches of ten or twelve, one after the other.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.