One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
What is the news concerning —?
- ‘But what of the worst bits, the bits that make you cringe when you hear them?’
- ‘So, what of the other newsreaders that earn much more than you?’
- ‘And what of the heaths themselves, surely the main pull for both areas?’
- ‘But what of the young who are part of the cricket crowds, some of whom are presumably born in England?’
- ‘Prospects for 2006 for Scotland are reasonably bright, but what of the longer-term picture?’
- ‘And then what of the London electronic philosopher and Sunday footballer?’
- ‘But what of the strains of working as both a doctor and a poet in West Kerry?’
- ‘Even talkback callers to this station have expressed their opinion but what of the teenagers themselves?’
- ‘And what of the addiction to the massive cash injection into our local economy that our club culture has engendered?’
- ‘If Orwell saw the contemporary killings of his age as lacking in drama and ‘story’, then what of ours?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.