One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
What motivates someone.‘people are curious to know what makes these men tick’
- ‘Get in the head of each person, find out what makes them tick.’
- ‘No one really knows how these people think, what makes them tick, and which of the five contenders stirs their blood.’
- ‘You come to a place in your life, though, where you really learn what makes you tick as an actress.’
- ‘I get a thrill when I can get into the male psyche and learn about what makes them tick.’
- ‘They need work that allows them to develop deep one to one relationships with people, letting them understand others and discover what makes them tick.’
- ‘It's been a joy to play Kate and to delve into what makes her tick: love, patience and a huge sense of humour.’
- ‘He knows his people, what makes them tick - and why - as a result of encouraging them to talk, drawing them out and asking questions.’
- ‘I'd like the opportunity to find out a bit what they were like as people, what makes them tick, and, you know, enjoy their company.’
- ‘We're good at finding out about people, what makes them tick, what they are interested in, what they have bees in their bonnets about - a key networking skill.’
- ‘His son-in-law once said to him, ‘I have asked myself what makes you tick.’’
- ‘In evaluating anyone's ability, I look at what kind of person they are first, try to find out what makes them tick, their ambitions, what switches them on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.