One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Completely exhausted.‘I'm not staying long—I'm whacked’
tired out, worn out, weary, dog-tired, bone-tired, bone-weary, ready to drop, on one's last legs, asleep on one's feet, drained, fatigued, enervated, debilitated, spentView synonyms
- ‘And now both of us are completely wacked so we're off to bed!’
- ‘Well, a full day's boarding the loft left me too whacked to blog last night.’
- 1.1North American Under the influence of drugs.‘a whacked-out, drug-addicted child’
- ‘Plus I am kinda wacked out on pain meds so excuse me if this only makes sense to the pink elephant who is helping me write it.’
- ‘As far as I am concerned, their Indian support staff is wacked and on-drugs.’
- ‘But tell that to four guys wacked out on mushrooms. 7/10 (Lorraine Carpenter)’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.